Friday, October 12, 2007

Gaano Kaimportant ang Diploma?

Oct 12, 2007

As cliché as it may sound, it is as true as it can get. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER. I don’t think anybody will argue on that. In our ancestors effort to prevent chaos, they tried organizing everything, from governance to the body of knowledge. Thus they came up with education. And the diploma is the proof that somebody gets it formally.

Now, let’s analyze the question, “Gaano kaimportante ang diploma?” If this is going to be taken figuratively (that is what the diploma represents), then inarguably IT IS IMPORTANT. Again, it’s because education is simply a system of knowledge. Although it’s perseverance and hardwork that are more important in achieving success, education will make it easier and possible the impossible. In fact, it is the latter that enabled us to make it this far. (Otherwise, baka nasa kweba pa rin tayo).hihi

For those who were able to make it without a diploma, let us not forget the component of luck. Besides they are only a few compared to those who succeeded because of education.

I, too came to think that getting a diploma doesn’t guarantee success. Sabi ko pa nga, iyan ang ituturo ko sa anak ko. But I realized soon (thank god!), that the role of education can’t be downplayed, something that we can’t do without, something VERY NECESSARY. It’s just that some people (including me) blames it on education in general the mistake they make in choosing the wrong carreer. Watchuthink?

Taken literally, you need that piece of paper as proof. Again to prevent chaos.I remember asking my mother why I have to go to school when I can study on my own at home. I remember her telling, “Kasi sa school mo lang makukuha ang diploma, at yun ang pruweba na you have learned what you are supposed to know and know how much you are supposed to learn”:D

No comments: