Thursday, December 11, 2008

Pre-Need Firms Collapse

Dec 11, 2008

I am trying not to say this, well because obviously because of the financial turmoil, most if not everybody is overly sensitive, and you may take offense on anything that is against your conviction. Not trying to affront anybody, though, because I myself has been struck by the realization. I know, everyone knows this, and what I’m about to say, let’s just say is but the UNSPOKEN.

I noticed that the only thing investors care about is but the INTEREST. But of course! And what else is there to be concerned about, except money, ANYWAY? I mean, I would not be a hypocrite to deny the temptation of investing into something that would BEAT inflation, not to mention my OWN SALARY! Why care about looking into its assets and liabilities, its managements, and policies, when I am getting some 20% per annum, effortlessly, given of course as it is PDIC COVERED? Afterall, they say, it’s CONFIDENTIAL?

And yet, we wonder, how come, some people would always seem to succeed at least financially? For all you know, he is swindling YOUR money.

Why politicians, and regulators are corrupt? Innate evilness PLUS giving in to temptation of accepting BRIBES for permits, cover-ups, etc. And yet we wonder how come their assets balloon disproportionately as against a meager 25T (or less) monthly salary. For all we know, we are partly (if not entirely) to blame.

And how come terorrists always seem to have an endless provision of fund? Now, I maybe being paranoid here. Baka naman, passive income lang talaga. hihi

These are just examples of financing that for all we know are marked “classified”. Watchuthink?

I’ve said it before that I’m not into rural banks. Not because I see it as some type of scam. But rather as a riskier investment, relative to commercial banks. But because I’ve realized that after putting most of my money into high risk vehicles such as MF, UITF and individual stocks, I couldn’t afford to gamble anymore.

My point, investing (in all forms) is a social responsibility, too. Safeguarding our principal and interest is not the only reason for being vigilant when it comes to choosing the right company, not to mention monitoring our gains or losses.

I mean, it’s okay if you don’t want to think of anything else but your money, just don’t complain about corrupt officials, scams, and world war III. hihi

Not to mention, blame the agents?! In the first place who decided to invest, anyway? Watchuthink?

No comments: