Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Can You Live On Investing Alone?

August 31, 20o7

Funny, but this was my original plan, until I got first hand experience if I only had my investments to depend on.

IF you, are referring to these investments, bonds, equities, stocks, even real state, and NOT your OWN businesses, then it’s not enough. Before these can give you enough yield, you must have a huge capital.

Let’s say, you have a huge sum. Investments differ in yield. Lets just say, your 600T in UITF can earn from 0-30T or more depending on the stock market. Losing is always there.

Investment is risky. Again it’s common knowledge. However, the riskier the higher the interest is. I myself experience losing some 75% of my money in a scam (I didn’t know it was legal, and I was ignorant then ). Well, even if I know better now, I still experience losses.

And viewing it in another perspective, people who retire young have the tendency to live a sedentary lifestyle. Have you ever wondered, why farmers live longer than some executives? This is kinda off-topic but people often forget to consider the benefit we get from being engaged in work. Example, your walk to the office every morning, and back to your home may give ou the 30-minute exercise you need. Work hard or less (depends on your preference, but definitely don’t stop working) AND work smart, that, is better.
Grin

No comments: