Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Therapeutic Communication

The current financial crisis and many other issues that the United States is facing right now is bringing a lot of stress in the global market, not to mention in man of our countrymen's psyche. I'm not referring to myself because that's already given. But to my friend's.

Like many aspiriang Flipinos trying to look for a greener pasteur, she is bound to the land of the free, until, the market crashes. Uhhmm, wait, I think it's even before the collapase (hehe, I'm mixing things up lately, thanks to Pinoymoneytalk). Well, I really don't know the reason of the retrogression but I'm pretty sure it's as complicated as the charts right now.

But that is beside the point. Or not completely, because it is related. Given that I made that as an introduction. Hhhmmm...

Anyway as she succumbs to hopelessness, having waited for 2 years already for the immigrant visa, she tried to find solace in me. I mean, in somebody that is as in despair as her? How can she possibly get a good advice? Hahaha! Or at least a therapeutic response. Well, in the first place she has no idea of my current state of mind, as I've always maintained an air of hope, confidence, optimisim, intelligence and beauty. And she doesn't know that, too. So much for being friends. Besides, I don't think anybody can tell the difference, though.

As I try to come up with something to say, that would appear as caring as it is sound, not to mention, therapeutic, in a situation where the answer is as uncertain as the current market, I came up with several options.

"Everythung has its reasons"

"Maybe there is something better in store for you"

Making me realize fast, (as fast as I thought of them) that they're the exact same phrases I am trying to avoid. It's tantamoung to lying!

In the end, I ended up...dead. Hehe...I mean laughing. For my friend, it is mocking.

We didn't end up in a fight thoug, as much as I'd like to. Just close. As I'm quick in explaining the comic I've imagined. Though, she didn't share the laugh, and I felt a little guilty.

In the end I said, "I understand"

Realizing what could be more therapeutic than that

Ah, keep my mouuth shut.

No comments: